The testosterone levels in men are hitting rock bottom today, and they have been decreasing for years. In fact, studies show that there has been a drop of 1% in the average testosterone level in men per year. Additionally, more than 40% of men today are suffering from hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is a medical condition in which the body fails to produce enough testosterone after they reach the age of 45. Also, low testosterone levels can lead to poor health conditions. But today, we are going to discuss a smooth and natural method to increase your testosterone levels and give it a boost- intermittent fasting.
Many fitness experts have noticed that intermittent fasting has been an effective strategy in boosting testosterone levels. But unfortunately, not many people are aware regarding this topic. Intermittent fasting testosterone benefits are vast, and it really works as well. Hence, here we are going to discuss intermittent fasting testosterone benefits and how you can utilize the method to boost the level of testosterone in your body.
Firstly, what exactly is testosterone?
Testosterone is a type of hormone present inside the body of human beings and is essential for the development of male sex characteristics. All the enhanced manliness and hairiness comes from this hormone. Women also produce testosterone in tiny amounts in the ovaries. On the other hand, testosterone in men is produced in their testicles. Testosterone plays an extremely vital role in men like-
- developing the penis and the testicles
- affecting the voice during puberty
- improving the size of muscles and increasing strength
- better growth of bones and making them strong
- improving the sex drive
- better production of sperms
- maintaining a healthy mood.
Why should you worry about low testosterone levels?
Why is the testosterone level so important when it comes to men? I’ve already discussed the crucial role that the testosterone plays inside the body of a man. And when hypogonadism occurs, it can have many effects. The body fat increases, mood fluctuations happened, there is a loss of muscle, and sometimes it leads to erectile dysfunction as well. This can lead to some awkward and unhappy situations in the bedrooms and osteoporosis. You will also face difficulty maintaining concentration, have problems related to sleep, or, in some cases, even memory loss.
That’s not all, though. Low testosterone levels in men have shown that it can lead to metabolic syndrome- which is a chronic array of medical conditions that can co-occur. And these conditions can lead to the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and stroke.
What are the symptoms of low testosterone levels?
How to detect if you actually have a low testosterone level? Usually, men get diagnosed when the level of androgen falls below 300 nanograms per deciliter. Here are some usual symptoms that you can check for-
- When the testosterone level drops in a man, his desire to have sex decreases massively. Its because testosterone plays a primary role in the maintenance of the sex drive of men.
- Males having low testosterone levels will also notice a significant decrease in the volume of their semen.
- Testosterone also plays a crucial role in hair production. So low levels might lead to loss of body hair and facial hair.
- Lower T count leads to males being tired most of the time, and their energy level decreases.
What’s the solution?
If you are scared that you are suffering from low T or you just want to gain some knowledge regarding how to increase the level, I am here to help you with everything that you need to know. Usually, the first solution that comes to the mind is testosterone therapy. But you need to know that the procedure isn’t that simple and has several risk factors. It can cause breathing difficulties when you are sleeping, skin allergies and acne, enlargement of breasts, heart diseases, and more. This is precisely where intermittent fasting testosterone benefits comes into the picture.
All you need to do is change your eating pattern. Easy right? The process isn’t complicated at all. You just have to maintain an eating pattern that oscillates between periods of fasting, not eating, and then eating again.
How does intermittent fasting benefits testosterone levels?
Right now, the main question on your mind might be- how does intermittent fasting help to increase testosterone levels in the body? And I have the answer for you right here. Here is precisely everything you need to know about intermittent fasting testosterone benefits.
- Luteinizing hormone triggers testosterone production in the testicles. And fasting increased this hormone up to 67% in the case of non-obese men. The overall testosterone levels boosted up by an incredible180%.
- Intermittent fasting testosterone benefits are also related positively with insulin resistance. When you’re more sensitive to insulin, your T level grows higher.
- One of the quickest ways to increase testosterone levels is by getting rid of the excess fat in the body. Recent studies show that intermittent fasting can help you lose weight up to 8% in just a span of 24 weeks. Worth trying, right?
- By fasting for 24 hours, your growth hormones can elevate up to2000%.
- Intermittent fasting testosterone benefits is also related to the Leptin It resets Leptin sensitivity so that you can have control over the portions you eat.
Intermittent fasting testosterone benefits can be a shot for you if you are suffering from low testosterone levels. You don’t need to be extremely strict regarding the fasting hours too. It’s just simple steps like skipping breakfast or whatever is flexible with your lifestyle. It’s easy, simple and hardly has any adverse side effects. So I feel intermittent fasting testosterone benefits are worth giving it a try.