Who would not like to look younger with glowing skin? Isn’t it? But do you know after the late ’30s or early ’40s you are prone to dull and wrinkling skin?
Ah…it’s really several supplements that give you glowing and healthier skin. Out of which, DHEA is well-known and a famous anti-aging product.
So, if you wish to have glowing and healthier skin, then DHEA helps you a lot. However, there are few contradictions even. Want to know? If yes, then you should dive deeper into this article.
Are you ready? Just go ahead without any further delay.
What is DHEA- Is it really an anti-aging supplement?
DHEA(also known as Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a natural hormone in the body produced by adrenal glands. Do you know what exactly causes aging in people? It’s because of low levels of DHEA in the body.
So, some people take DHEA supplements to enhance healthier and glowing skin. According to several research studies, it has been seen that DHEA supplements help people to fight against depression, overweight, anxiety, lupus, and lack of adrenal hormones.
Moreover, it also ensures an excellent skin texture. Treats osteoporosis, vaginal atrophy, erectile dysfunction, and other psychological conditions. These are the main reasons why people tend to attract more towards this supplement.
However, there are also several side-effects of using this supplement. People think of DHEA supplements and pills as a miracle way to regain youth and take a lion’s share in extending the lifespan.
Though there isn’t any evidence that shows an increase in lifespan, people claim DHEA ensures you an increased lifespan. This is because it ensures glowing skin and makes the people look younger as if they are in their 20’s.
Do you know in a recent study conducted under the name of DHEage, researchers have found several benefits? Are you curious to know this supplement’s enormous benefits? If yes, here it is.
This study was conducted on people over 60 years. However, there are also a few people who are about 60 years of age. It has been seen to improve bone density, skin texture, increase sex hormones(mainly in women), maintains good muscle mass, fight against sarcopenia, and ensures a fit body.
So, don’t you think of DHEA as a miraculous supplement to increase your longevity? Here are a few more benefits of using this anti-aging supplement.
Benefits of using DHEA anti-aging supplement
There are numerous benefits of using this anti-aging pill. Really, it is a boon to several people due to its immense health benefits. Here is the list of health benefits of using DHEA supplements.
- Helps in numerous age-related problems including improving healthier skin, eliminating wrinkles, and many more.
- Ensure a good mood naturally. Do you know low-level DHEA could lead to depression? However, these DHEA supplements can help you out in fighting against depression.
- Supports bone density and muscle strength. Taking this supplement for over 6 months or more leads to good muscle strength and bone density. A study in the year 2000 shows that it has more positive effects on women rather than men.
- Enhance the immune system and protects users from several viral infections. It blocks various viruses and bacteria from entering the body.
- It also relieves people from obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other metabolic diseases.
- One of the best parts of the DHEA because of which several people are showing interest is that it increases sexual hormones.
So, these are the few health benefits of using a small quantity of DHEA regularly. One can get benefited from this supplement if it’s properly with the professional doctor’s suggestion. The expert doctor’s advice only 50 mg of DHEA is enough per day to enjoy its numerous benefits.
Make sure you do not exceed the minimum limit of the supplement. However, you can take 90 mg or even more under the advice of an expert doctor. Because the supplement improves depression and other mental illnesses.
Side effects of using DHEA
Like various health benefits, there are also significant side effects of using this supplement. As it is a hormone, it might increase the androgen levels. Thus, it gives you a steroid effect.
However, if it’s used in the long run, it leads to various hormone-sensitive cancers. Here are a few side effects of using this DHEA supplement.
- Reduces good cholesterol levels or HDL
- Promotes oily skin
- Leads to mania and heart-related diseases
- Severe acne problems in males and females
- Enhance unwanted hair growth in women
These are a few disadvantages of the DHEA. Though it is highly beneficial to improve your health, it also leaves you with severe illnesses. Also, it is not recommended for the long run and without the guidance of a doctor.
So, before you take any DHEA supplements make sure you take the guidance of an expert doctor. This is all about the DHEA, its benefits, and its side effects.